MRI Municipal Assessor - Maine
Deadline to apply:
Municipal Resources Inc., a leading provider of services to local governments throughout New England since 1989, is seeking an experienced assessor to join our assessing group. MRI’s assessing group is a team of 12 professional assessors and appraisers who provide a full scope of assessing and revaluation services to nearly 30 coastal and adjacent communities New Hampshire in Maine.
The Municipal Assessor position is responsible for appraising and assessing real and personal property and for the administration and maintenance of all records necessary to administer the assessment programs for MRI’s municipal clients in Maine.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and laws that govern property valuation in Maine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with taxpayers, municipal employees and elected officials in a municipal office setting.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience as an Assessor or Assistant Assessor in Maine preferred.
- Certification Maine Assessor designation, or coursework leading to certification required.
The position requires frequent travel to client communities in York and Cumberland counties. A valid Driver’s License and the ability to pass a comprehensive background check are required.
MRI offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. EOE.
To Apply: Email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.